The Consultancy business unit in Apollo supports a range of services across Concept and FEED, Subsea, Fluids, Integrity, Safety and Assurance. As part of its ongoing strategy for growth, Apollo is recruiting a Design Manager to lead a multi-discipline team delivering a portfolio of engineering services from its Aberdeen office.
You will manage and supervise a team of multi-discipline designers responsible for the technical execution of design projects within the Consultancy business unit.
- Manage a team of multi-discipline designers ensuring their productive deployment to projects and professional development
- Technical execution of project work as required: developing designs and resolving problems in a fast-paced and dynamic multi-tasking environment
- Responsible for the delivery of all technical designs ensuring designs are fit for purpose and comply with Apollo’s HSEQ processes and procedures
- Supporting business development activities including sales presentations, meetings, events, proposals and tendering
- At all times working with due regard to safety, quality and the environment
Essential requirements and qualifications
- A proactive, results-driven and market-facing outlook
- Strong people skills: ability to motivate and mentor a team
- Demonstrable engineering design experience applied to Oil and Gas (Offshore platforms, FPSO, Petrochem and Pharmaceutical plants) or relevant energy sectors
- Excellent communications, with a high standard of report writing and expression of design ideas through drawings or presentations
- Knowledge and experience of design software such as AutoCAD, Inventor, AutoCAD PLANT 3D, PDMS and similar products;
- Ability to deliver pragmatic design solutions, considering manufacture, testing, construction, commissioning, operation and decommissioning aspects
- Knowledge of safety case, regulation and industry standards
- Evidence of a commitment to continual learning and professional development
If you would like to join a dynamic and friendly company with great opportunities, please forward your CV along with a note of your availability/notice period and current rate/salary to:-
Referencing: Design Manager
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that we are unable to support UK Right to Work applications