Apollo supports a range of services across Exploration and Production, Asset Life Extension, Electrification, Decommissioning & Repurposing and Decarbonisation & Emissions Reduction. As part of the on-going strategy for growth, Apollo is recruiting an Electrical, Instrument and Controls Manager to lead a team delivering a portfolio of engineering services from its Aberdeen office. This is a full-time staff position.
Reporting to the Consultancy Manager, you will manage and supervise a team of engineers responsible for the technical execution of engineering projects across Apollo’s business. As the EI&C Manager you will be overseeing; Electrification studies, brownfield and greenfield projects across concept, FEED, and detailed design, HV/LV switchgear modifications, power system analysis studies, obsolescence studies and many more E&I related scopes. As part of the role you will support technical and commercial bids and engage with business development in the promotion of Apollo’s services.
- Manage a team of multi-skilled engineers within the Electrical and Instruments & Controls disciplines
- Responsible for the delivery of all discipline engineering and design ensuring designs are fit for purpose and comply with Apollo’s HSEQ processes and procedures
- Responsible for leadership, continual development, mentorship, and guidance to all team members
- Accountable for the engineering competence of all team members in line with Apollo’s competence and assurance procedures
- Responsible for discipline resource management
- Responsible for attaining discipline KPI’s
- Responsible for strengthening existing and developing new discipline service capabilities
- Support and lead technical and commercial bids and other business development content
- At all times working with due regard to safety, quality, and the environment
- Undertaking the role of Principal Engineer relevant to experience, as necessary.
Essential Experience and skills:
- Engineering degree relevant to Electrical or Instruments & Controls Engineering
- Chartered engineer or working towards obtaining chartered status
- Demonstratable experience of working in a similar role
- Demonstrable Electrical or Instruments & Controls experience applied to Oil and Gas (Offshore platforms, FPSO and Petrochem plants) or relevant energy sectors
- Knowledge and understanding of renewable energy preferably with demonstratable experience
- Knowledge and understanding of international standards relating to electrical/instruments equipment and system design, current legislative and industry requirements
- Up to date knowledge of current industry technologies relevant to the discipline
- Experienced in working in and managing teams during different project life cycles (concept, FEED and detailed design)
- Ability to communicate directly with clients, manufacturers, and suppliers
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness and experience in package management activities.
- Excellent leadership, organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team environment
- Evidence of a commitment to continual learning and professional development
If you would like to join a dynamic and friendly company with great opportunities, please click on the below link:
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that we are unable to support UK Right to Work applications