You will have line management responsibility for the delivery of design and consultancy services for the marine construction and drilling sectors. Typical projects include transportation and installation engineering, back deck handling systems design, drilling unit modifications, moorings and flexibles engineering, general marine consultancy.
- Line management of a team of engineers, naval architects and designers, ensuring their productive deployment to projects and professional development.
- Supporting business development activities including sales presentations, meetings, events, proposals and tendering.
- Leading client conversations in relation to project work of their team, from order to project completion.
- Acting as project delivery manager where directed, managing the resources and work of project teams, and self, to deliver work on time, on budget and to a suitable quality standard.
- Technical execution of project work as required: developing designs, analysing engineering systems and resolving problems in a fast-paced and dynamic multi-tasking environment.
- At all times working with due regard to safety, quality and the environment.
Essential requirements and qualifications
- A proactive, results-driven and market-facing outlook.
- Strong people skills: ability to motivate and mentor the team.
- A proven understanding of project management, change and delivery.
- Demonstrable engineering design and/or analysis experience applied to marine and drilling assets, e.g. transportation and installation operations, marine handling systems, drilling system modifications, deck integration, moorings and flexibles.
- Excellent communications, with a high standard of report writing and expression of engineering ideas through calculations or presentations.
- Familiar with numerical engineering analysis tools e.g. Orcaflex, AQWA, ANSYS, STAAD.pro or similar.
- Knowledge of safety case, regulation and industry standards.
- Chartered engineer with RINA, IMarEST, IMechE or equivalent.
- Evidence of a commitment to continual learning and professional development.
If you would like to join a dynamic and friendly company with great opportunities, please forward your CV along with a note of your availability/notice period and current rate/salary to:-
Referencing: Engineering Manager
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that we are unable to support UK Right to Work applications