We currently have an opportunity for a Lead Instrument and Control Engineer to work on an exciting new engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) project on an FPSO.
The candidates should have hands-on experience of multi-disciplinary projects in Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering of field Instrumentation, Control & Monitoring and Safety Shutdown Systems, including DCS, ESD and F&G, PA/GA in offshore O&G and Marine environments.
Additionally, a practical design knowledge of Telecommunication Systems including CCTV, ACS, Control Systems Networks, Local Area Networks and Telephone Systems is desirable.
- Previous experience as a Lead/Principal I&C Engineer within the O&G industry
- Experience of multi-disciplinary projects in Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering of field Instrumentation, Control & Monitoring and Safety Shutdown Systems, including DCS, ESD and F&G, PA/GA in offshore O&G environments
- Experience with marine systems including Kongsberg DP interface and propulsion
- Preparation of Instrumentation engineering deliverables including Specifications, Instrument Datasheets, Logic Diagrams, Automation and Control philosophy, etc.
- Carryout sizing calculations for Control Valves, Flow Meters, Pneumatic & Hydraulic Power Systems
- Instrument cable voltage drop & Intrinsically Safe Circuit Calculations
- Preparation of Fire & Gas Detectors & Alarm Device Datasheets
- Provide inputs and review of engineering drawings including Instrument Location Plans, Cable & JB Schedules, Cable Routing Layouts, Instrument Installation Details, Process / Pneumatic Hook-Ups, Interconnection Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, Fieldbus Segment Diagrams, Interconnection Diagrams, Instrument Loop Diagrams
- Inter-disciplinary document comments and reviews
- Liaison with the E&I Designers
- Review & define automation and control philosophy
- Review & define C&E matrix for an oil and gas asset
- Produce systems vendors’ modifications Scope of Work documents
- Complete offshore surveys and attend vendors sites, as required
- Attend interface meetings with clients/vendors
- Review Instrumentation and Control Systems Vendors offers, prepare Vendor Technical Clarifications and prepare Technical Bid Evaluation reports
- Degree qualified relevant to the role
- Fully familiar with relevant international codes, standards and recommended practices
- Competent to carry out the Approve activity in the Engineer-Check-Approve-Authorize cycle, and to check/approve the technical deliverables of designers
- General knowledge of other related disciplines
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, initiative and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills to be able to produce fluent Documents, Reports, and Technical Notes
If interested in this role APPLY NOW