Apollo supports a range of services across Exploration and Production, Asset Life Extension, Electrification, Decommissioning & Repurposing and Decarbonisation & Emissions Reduction. As part of the on-going strategy for growth, Apollo is recruiting a Lead Process Engineer to lead a Process & Flow Assurance team delivering a portfolio of engineering services from its Aberdeen office. This is a full-time staff position.
Reporting to the Fluids and Safety Manager, you will lead a team of Process and Flow Assurance engineers responsible for the technical execution of engineering projects across Apollo’s business. As the Lead Process Engineer you will be overseeing process optimisation, debottlenecking, process simulation (HYSYS), and have inputs into advanced analysis such as flow assurance and CFD analysis. You will also support technical and commercial bids and engage with business development in the promotion of Apollo’s services.
- Lead a team of engineers within the Process and Flow Assurance disciplines
- Responsible for the delivery of all process engineering ensuring deliverables are fit for purpose and comply with Apollo’s HSEQ processes and procedures
- Provide leadership, continual development, mentorship, and guidance to all team members
- Support the Fluids and Safety Manager to ensure engineering competency of all team members is in line with Apollo’s competence and assurance procedures
- Support Fluids and Safety manager with resource management
- Support and lead technical and commercial bids and other business development content
- Fulfil the role of a Principal Engineer as necessary including; Preparation and checking of process engineering deliverables in line with project procedures, standards, and specifications.
Essential Experience and skills:
- Engineering degree relevant to Process Engineering
- Demonstratable experience of working in a similar role
- Demonstrable Process experience applied to Oil and Gas (Offshore platforms, FPSO, Petrochem and Pharmaceutical plants) or relevant energy sectors
- Technical Safety or Flow Assurance experience is advantageous to the role
- Knowledge and understanding of international standards relating to process equipment and system design, current legislative and industry requirements
- Experienced in working in different project life cycles (concept, FEE, detailed design, and operations)
- Ability to communicate directly with clients, manufacturers, and suppliers.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
If you would like to apply, please apply here!