The Consultancy business unit in Apollo supports a range of services across Exploration and Production, Asset Life Extension, Electrification, Decom & Repurposing and Decarbonisation & Emissions reduction. As part of its ongoing strategy for growth, Apollo is recruiting a Lead Structural Engineer – Subsea to technically lead a team of structural engineers and designers in delivering a portfolio of subsea engineering projects. This is a full-time staff position.
Reporting to the Structural Manager the successful candidate will be part of the Structural Discipline and act as the technical focal point for subsea projects. You will supervise a team of discipline engineers responsible for the technical execution of projects and liaise with the Delivery Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. As a lead you will support technical and commercial bids and engage with Business Development in the promotion of Apollo’s services.
- Act as the technical focal point for subsea projects;
- Responsible for the delivery of engineering projects assigned by the discipline manager ensuring designs are fit for purpose and comply with Apollo’s HSEQ processes and procedures;
- Supervisor for all engineers assigned within a project or sub-discipline team;
- Support the discipline manager with team development, mentorship, and lead technical and commercial bids
- Support the discipline manager in strengthening existing and developing new discipline service capabilities;
- At all times working with due regard to safety, quality, and the environment;
- Provide cover for the Discipline Manager during periods of temporary leave.
Essential requirements and qualifications
- Engineering degree relevant to Structural or Mechanical Engineering;
- Demonstrable subsea structural experience applied to Oil and Gas industry;
- Demonstrable experience of subsea projects in the North Sea;
- Strong people skills: ability to motivate and mentor a team;
- Excellent communications, with a high standard of report writing and expression of engineering concepts through sketches and presentations.
- Proficient in the use of engineering software such as FS2000, CAESAR II, STAAD Pro, or similar products;
- Ability to deliver pragmatic engineering solutions, considering manufacture, testing, construction, commissioning, operation, and decommissioning aspects;
- Knowledge of safety case, regulation, and industry standards;
Desirable requirements and qualifications
- Chartered Engineering or actively working towards chartership;
- Evidence of a commitment to continual learning and professional development.
If you would like to join a dynamic and friendly company with great opportunities, please forward your CV along with a note of your availability/notice period and current rate/salary to:-
Referencing: Lead Structural Engineer – Subsea